assiniboine & sioux rural water supply system

 


The Fort Peck Reservation is home to two separate Indian nations, each composed of numerous bands and divisions.

The Sioux divisions of Sisseton, Wahpetons, the Yanktonais, and the Teton Hunkpapa are all represented.

The Assiniboine bands of Canoe Paddler and Red Bottom are represented.

The Reservation is located in the extreme northeast corner of Montana, on the north side of the Missouri River.


Assiniboine & Sioux Rural Water Supply System
703 2nd Ave. West
P.O. Box 1027
Poplar, MT 59255
P:406.768.5719
F:406.653.5721

 

 

Project Cost

Construction costs for both projects will total $193 million (1998 dollars) with Dry Prairie's cost being $68 million and the Fort Peck Reservation's portion being $125 million.

Federal legislation states the Fort Peck Reservation portion will be 100% funded and DPRWA's portion will be 76% funded. The remaining 24% will come from state and local sources. The local portion will come from hook-up fees and the sale of bonds.

Dry Prairie's annual cost of operation, maintenance, and debt service is established at $2.1 million once the system is completed. Operation and maintenance costs on the Fort Peck Reservation are 100% covered by federal funds.


"ASRWSS is committed to delivering clean, affordable and dependable drinking water that will improve the quality of life and create economic opportunities throughout northeast Montana."

Secondary Menu

 


Assiniboine & Sioux Rural Water Supply System - ASRWSS

 

Poured 2 columns west area of Quad "B"